Re: Is that what they mean by Digital Ice?

Le 5.6.2003 19:15, «?Gregory Fraser?» <Gregory.Fraser@pwgsc.gc.ca> a écrit?:

> Surely out of all the digital camera users on this list someone has experience
> with shooting digital in weather so cold your hands ache after 5 minutes
> without mittens. I would imagine the batteries would be as susceptible to
> draining as anything else and I'm wondering how well a microdrive or a memory
> stick holds up. How about the LCD viewing panels?

I think that the main problem will be the battery : it will surely go out of
power before anything else fails to work. I had that problem before the
digital age, using the Contax G2.. After half an hour outside in the cold
the battery would discharge completely.. Warm it again and it would work
again..

--
Christiane