Re: Temperature tempering device?

From: Evan Parker <abstraxion@msn.com>

Is there a device sold or easily built that will temper a water bath to 68 degrees, or at least somewhere near that? If so, where could I buy such an item, or where may I obtain the schematics to build it? I'm having a tough time with temperature control with my film developing.

what do you mean with water bath? (soorry, i am not familiar with the term)

if you are searching for a way to keep the water which you make the solutions of, and the solutions themselves, at the said temp there is another way to go...

use basic physics knowledge...water has the tendency to maintain it's temp, and the larger the volume the slower it cools or warms up....

so you should make a container within a container contraption

here is what i do.....

since i dev my films in the bathroom i place a very big water container ( a few gallons) in the bathtub...
with the help of a lab immmersible thermometer (stays upright) i bring that water to temp, and ...

once i have prepared the solutions (dev, stop, fix) and in the right temp (using the very same water), i put them in half liter plastic soda bottles that are water tight, and then i put them in the big water container...
this way any temp change takes long, and much longer to reach the working solutions...
and works marvelously with reusable solutions, like t-Max and fixers...

well hope it works, kostas

so... no matter what, CHEER UP MY FRIENDS! Life is too precious to jump the other side of the fence...
kostas papakotas / clenched teeth photography
http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteethphotography/home.html
'COS SOMETIMES IT IS BETTER WITH CLENCHED TEETH!