Re: Gallery Review

John Mason <profmason@yahoo.com> writes:

> In the past, several reviewers have pointed out that
> my concerts pics, the ones that I've put in the
> gallery, at least, have been cliches.  Lea, I think,
> called one "a beautiful cliche."  I can't say that she
> was wrong.  Recently, I've been trying to tell stories
> about musicians at work in my own voice.

I liked your photo; I can't say I could 'read' a story from it, but it's
a wonderful capture of a quizzical moment. (Surely the sort of thing
where photography can never be rivalled by painting?)

I understand the 'cliche' point - if you are not particularly interested
in jazz musicians, one of their portraits may look much like any other,
just as someone not interested in flowers may feel the same about
_another_ floral pic. But please keep sending them in - there is much in
the gallery worth looking at; I'm afraid I'd give Greg's yellow thingy a
raspberry, but even that doesn't mean it's not worth looking at.

Thanks to everyone for keeping this going.

Brian Chandler
geo://Sano.Japan.Planet_3
Jigsaw puzzles from Japan at:
http://imaginatorium.org/shop/