Re: Gallery Review

Jim, wrote about "John D'earth and Conrad Herwig":
http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery/jmason.html

>It's a bit small, surely black and white can be a bit

>bigger.

Just following the rules, as you know.  I would
happily have sized it at 575 or so in the long
dimension.  Wasn't it about a year ago that we asked
whether the 50k/500 pixels rule could be expanded and
found out from Andy that for a variety of reasons it
cannot?

>Now, about the image.  I think it's a bit different
>and slightly more interesting with the focus rear and

>highlighting the person back there who seems to look
>slightly angry and menacingly at the photographer.

I take lots of concert pics.  Making them interesting
to people who aren't particularly into music or into
the particular musicians isn't easy.  This one does, I
think, have sufficient human interest.  BTW, John
D'earth, the guy with the eyes, is a sweetheart.  And
a hell of a trumpet player.  Anyone into jazz should
check out his CDs.

Thanks, John

=====
J. Mason, Charlottesville, Virginia