But a few digital questions..........
(gee..what a surprise)

I hear a lot of talk of folks wanting
to have large file to work with.

I would guess just the same as
a large negative opposed to
a smaller negative.

I have talked to a few people on line
and have read a few articles about folks
using the camera and for the most part
everyone is not saving the shots as a Tiff
but shooting at SHQ jpeg at a 1/1.27
compression.

Now I did a few shots around the house
and then went to the Studio and did a few
head and shoulder shots of a friend using the
studio light set up.

I used the SHQ jpeg at 1/1/2.7 compression.

I printed a few 8x10s at 1440 dpi on
Ilford Gallerie Pearl paper using an Epson 820
printer and besides the color needing to be tweaked,
they looked great.
(more on the color in a minute)

Now I can be a fairly picky guy......

However

Do I have my head up my butt
or is there some reason I should
shooting these as a Tiff and getting
a 11.4 meg file instead of SHQ jpeg
at about 1.7 meg?

Now on to color management............

Every article and discussion I see about
color management using a pc goes on about
using Photoshop and its gamma wizard.

What do folks do who don't have PS?

How do they calibrate up their stuff?

Now I do have PS 5.5.

But I also have Paint Shop 6.

(And a few other odd imaging programs also)

If I use Paint Shop how is that calibrated?
Or any other image program for that matter?

Now the images on my monitor of the photos
I have taken with the E-10 appear to have true color.......

So It seems as if  I just have to make some
tests and just set up a Profile for Galerie Paper.

Thanks

Russ
R.E. Baker
Photography