Re:Learning The History of the Photograph as Art

<<IMO the "History of Photography" starts well before the Photographic
process.  The Camera Obscura (obviously), art, perspective as a
foundation. >>

OK, a much fuller article outining the pre-early days and beyond ...

Photography Historical Studies
Seminar : Before Photography
http://www.arklo.com/st1sem4.htm

I love the quote:
"Similarly we find this echoed in the writings of Proust when he refers to 'my mother would not have photographs in the house, considering them too real'. "

Bob

Join Freeserve http://www.freeserve.com/time/

Winner of the 2003 Internet Service Providers' Association awards for Best Unmetered ISP and Best Consumer Application.