Re: Fwd: Xtol storage

Jerry Anderson wrote:

> I have been storing my XTOL in wine boxes. ......

Well now, that's a cool idea.  Since wine also has a problem with
oxidation, the bladder material should be good and, since a good darkroom
should be dark, sunlight would be a non issue.

My only concern is any latent acidity from the original contents
particularly with the cheaper wines like Franzia (a terrible wine to begin
with).  Since acidic acid is essentially vinegar, if the wine in question
is even remotely turning bad, it will affect the developer.

As a precaution, perhaps a warm soapy rinse with a bit of sulfuric acid
(the normal combatant of the vinegar spore) would be advisable.

Andy, what do your chemist colleagues think?

Peace!
Sidney

--
God said, Let there be light!
Divine Light: Photography by Rev. Sidney Flack