reviews on Ascending

hello everyone!
thanks for the reviewers this week.

gregory, the scene was not staged.  i was actually trying to
photograph the poles only.  i was setting up for the shot
when this boy walked accross. i had to press the shutter
the moment i saw him enter the frame.  he was moving quickly.

jim,  as he was moving quickly,  i had to take the shot hastily.
i didn't have the time to crouch down for a lower-angled shot
as you suggested.  but you're correct.  it would have been
better.

shyrell, i originally planned to give this image the title "verticals".
but seeing the ascending order of the heights of the kid and
the poles,  i decided to give it "ascending".  =) hehehe
those poles are used for a temporary shed on the beach.
the roof hasn't been placed yet.  it should look something
like the structures in the background.

thanks to thomas and greg also!

robin

> Robin G. Ramos - Ascending
> Nicely seen image that demands some attention and thought. Not sure if
> there is more in it than just the first visual impact...  The thing
> coming out of the boys head disturbs me a little.
>
> Thomas
>
> Robin G. Ramos (Ascending) - Hmmm.....Those poles are really interesting
> but there's a lot of what looks to me like background clutter on the
> horizon. The horizon is a relatively thin strip of the image but the
lines
> of the poles are so clean as is the cloudless sky. To me, less DOF would
be
> more.
>
> Greg Fraser
> Master of Funk
> http://users.imag.net/~lon2251/Gallery
>
> Ascending:  Not quite sure of the meaning, ascending. Good composition. I
> feel there may be a story here, maybe one familiar to the area? I like
> the height difference between the poles and the child. Just wondering
> what the poles are used for. My analytical mind. Sorry -
>
> Shyrell
> Melara Family Photography
> http://yadtel.net/~jmelara
>
> Robin G. Ramos: Ascending
> If this image was not staged, then it's a great shot. The very nature of
> what makes photography stand out in the world of contrived art. Here, the
> photographer was prepared, saw the development of a composition that beg
> be photographed and took the shot. Classic Lee Freidlander, classic
> "seeing." Comp. is strong. It appears luck provided just enough color in
> the
> sky to hold the upper frame edge in place. The image carries itself
without
> the need for words.
>
> Take care,
> Gregory david Stempel
> FIREFRAMEi m a g i n g
> www.americanphotojournalist.com

>Robin G. Ramos: Ascending
Well, this is more than a run of the mill photo. But, for me it
doesn't quite make it to greatness. The structure hitting the kid's
head is the worst thing for the photo, perhaps a lower angle would
have made this shot better.

Jim Davis
Nature Photography
http://www.kjsl.com/~jbdavis/