-Martin Luther

From: <wildimages@lineone.net>

> Mmmm ... I wonder if the US government are(sic) paying royalties to the
photographers
> who took the "pack of cards" ....

Ley's apply a little thought to this. From my observation of the deck, most
appear to be from Iraqi government photos and video footage taken by
(employees of) the previous, now defunct regime. As such, I suppose that one
might argue that some of these photos are the property of the Iraqi people.
Some may be owned by the AP, and it's possible the images are used with
their permission or without their objection, but they are the owners, not
the photographers. It's therefore extremely unlikely that any of the images
on the "pack of cards" are owned by any photographers.

> Some of those images were themselves "stolen" from the web.

I suppose anything is possible, but this is highly unlikely.