Re: copyright violation

>Is there anybody out there with a strong stomach and
>deep pockets prepared to take the risk of testing the
>strength of "intellectual property" protection for >photographers posting
their work on the web?

Guy

Ignoring the simple case where a US photographer has registered their images
(a cost in itself) and fights the case in the US court in most parts of
the world "costs", as awarded by the courts seldom come anywhere near covering
the true cost of fighting the case in time (opportunity cost) and cash.
 Fighting the case remotely in a foreign land you almost certainly would
not get the full cost of first class air fare, hotel bills and lost income
... even if you won the case.

Mmmm ... I wonder if the US government are paying royalties to the photographers
who took the "pack of cards" ....  Some of those images were themselves
"stolen" from the web.