From: "Gregory Fraser" <Gregory.Fraser@pwgsc.gc.ca>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students"
<photoforum@listserver.isc.rit.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2003 1:02 PM
Subject: Discount Paper

> I've seen film that is seriously outdated and it had huge grain. I presume
this is due to age and the emulsion losing its sensitivity to light. I'm
wondering if the emulsion on paper is basically the same as the emulsion on
film and if outdated paper exhibits the same characteristics.

> I ask because I have yet to deplete my first package of photographic paper
which is outdated Kodak RC. I'm printing 120 negatives and I feel that the
images should be sharper and less grainy than they are.