Re: PHOTOFORUM digest 3030

At 07:13 AM 4/10/2003 -0700, you wrote:

No one is targeting Al Jazera or Abu Dhabi.

Actually, if no one did they should have.

Think about it honestly for a
minute. What advantage would be gained by the US or the coalition? Who cares
what they show Arab TV? What is the motive? Really?

Consider, if say about fifteen hundred sadamites actually believe the BS being broadcast and continue to resist because of it, they will be killed and of more interest to me, two or three Americans and maybe a Brit could become casualties. A couple of bombs, a missile and a handful of collateral casualties seem a small price to pay... but what do I know... maybe some tech type could do the maths.

Again, war is a dangerous place. Soldiers know this. Journalists know (or
should know) this. Get used to this fact and come to terms with it. and stop
whining.

Bob

Indeed!! Particularly the _stop whining_ part!!

For something completely different, I offer for your delectation, the greatest western ever filmed, Stagecoach, directed by the great John Ford, will air on Sunday, Turner Classic Movies, check your local papers for time and channel

Dave
East Englewood
Budvar, helping white men dance since 1895!