Re: Thanking the LA Times

From: "andrew fildes" <afildes@netlink.com.au>

> Offensive

Yes, truth can be like that. If truth offends you, you may wish to step back
from your monitoe to prevent discomforting enlightenment.

> and hysterically inaccurate.

Absolutely accurate and you've not demonstrated otherwise. Your merely
stating so does not make it so and is therefore not an argument, merely an
opinion. For a person so concerned with appearing the intellectual, you
should know this.

> Many countries, including
> mine, have more recent and carefully thought out and designed
> democracies than the US.

Nonsense. You have republics (yes, that's the word, republics) different
from the US form and with the only significant difference being that they
are designed to give your executive more power than that given the US
president. Again, merely stating an opinion does not make it so.

> This is the kind of stuff that makes Americans seem so unintelligent
elsewhere.

And this is important, why? We are not suffering from some national form of
narcissim that we should base our views and decisions on what you think of
Americans.

> Here is another example.
>
>   The British speech (Lt.Col Tim Collins)
> "If you are ferocious in battle, remember to be magnanimous in victory.
> We go to liberate, not to conquer. We are entering Iraq to free a people,
> and the only flag that will be flown in that ancient land is their own.
> Don't treat them as refugees, for they are in their own country.  If there
> are casualties of war, then remember, when they woke up and got dressed in
> the morning they did not plan to die this day. Allow them dignity in
death.
> Bury them properly and mark their graves. You will be shunned unless your
> conduct is of the highest, for your deeds will follow you down history.
Iraq
> is steeped in history. It is the site of the Garden of Eden, of the Great
> Flood and the birth of Abraham. Tread lightly there."
>
> The US speech (Vice Admiral Timothy Keating)
> "When the president says 'Go', look out - it's hammer time" (followed by
We
> Will Rock You at high volume)

Yes. And he was speaking of the Saddam and His Republican Guard, not the
Iraqi people.

You chose to ignore ALL the speaches simmilar to that of Lt.Col Collins by
many persons both Military and Civillians. You choose to ignore (or are
ignorant of) the speaches and instructions given to US troups. Given your
previous crap, I expect the operative word here is ignorant. This is
curable. Wake up.

Bob...
"Do not suppose that abuses are eliminated by destroying
the object which is abused.  Men can go wrong with wine
and women.  Shall we then prohibit and abolish women?"
-Martin Luther