Re: Thanking the LA Times

From: "Christiane Roh" <rohcris@vtx.ch>

> Le 3.4.2003 20:05, « Gregory david Stempel » <fyrframe@centurytel.net> a
> écrit :
>
> > I want to publicly thank the LA Times for trying to maintain a sense of
> > honesty in their photographers.
> > Check this site for details.
> > http://www.latimes.com/news/custom/showcase/la-ednote_blurb.blurb
>
> Gregory,
>
> When I look at the US TV channels or at the European ones, they seem to
> speak of two different wars. So in that context, the combining of two
> pictures to get a better composition sounds like much a do about nothing.
> His only sin may be to have done it too hastily or inexpertly. Or may be
> that was just a pretext and they would have fired him anyway ?

I'm sure you would not do this. It would mean that you are a person of bad
character.

> There are other manipulation of opinion going on in the US which are far
> more worrying, especially coming from a country who pretends to teach
> democracy to others.

This is grossly OT, but you choose to start it. Most of us here in the US,
according to recent, independent, reputable polls are not in agreement with
you. The United States is the oldest republic on the face of this earth. We
were born in liberty when Europe was still bending the knee to kings and
emperors. The history of Western Europe is one of the negotiations of
diplomacy, followed by appeasement, followed by war, followed by
subjugation, followed by liberation by others who spent their treasure and
spilled their blood that they may be free of the subjugation. They who
liberated them did not want conquest or spoils but helped build them back
up, loaned them money interest free and then forgave these depts. All their
liberators asked in return was a small plot of land with which to bury their
fallen who would never return. Now these people have desecrated their
graves. This is the sort that inhabit much of Western Europe. Western Europe
has a long and colorful history. Unfortunately, few over there were taught
nor did they learn the important lessons of their history, hence they
continue to value life more highly than liberty. For this, they deserve
neither.