Late Review

There seems to be a dearth of reviews this week so here's my take on the images. The caveat being that all reviewers, whether they will admit it or not, are biased by their life experience. With that in mind, these are my opinions based on how the photos made me feel.

D.L. Shipman: "Herons, Venice rookery"
 http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery/shipman.html

a very nice look into the world of the Blue Heron.......makes me want to go back to my first love, nature photography

David Small: "Attack Gull"
http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery/small.html

this isn't nature photography as I understand it......to me, nature photography reveals some beauty or some truth about the world we live in........this is surrealism.......and as such is fairly successful........I don't care for the big blob above the bird........

Greg Fraser: "Sunflower"
http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery/fraser.html

sometimes a black and white photo can provide a new perspective on a subject we think we know well......this shot does that.......my only objection is the bit of leaf at the bottom centre that pulls my eye out of the picture........

Peeter Vissak: "How syrreal is the World!"
http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery/vissak.html

yep, surreal........lots to look at and think about in this shot........somewhat distracted by the flare and the white blob but they fit in with the definition of *surreal*..........

Bob Talbot: "St. Abbs Harbour"
http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery/talbot.html

I like this shot with one reservation........the red thing pulls my eye right out of the picture........without it, it becomes a very nice panorama.........

Lea Murphy: "Loic"
http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery/lmurphy.html

sweet......and timeless.......can't help looking into those eyes and wondering what life has in store for this innocent child........

Don Roberts: "Vase at Sunrise"
http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery/roberts.html

good study in form, texture and color.......still lifes are not my thing as a rule but I like this one........

Jim Snarski: "The Violinist"
http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery/snarski.html

my shot.......modesty forbids

Rand Flory: "The Flower"
http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery/flory.html

another shot that one can look at for a long time developing all sorts of stories around.......I would have cropped out the little blob of color in the upper right........

Gregory david Stempel: "Night Light"
http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery/stempel.html

this picture doesn't do anything for me.......technically fine but it doesn't elicit any interest

King/Arthur: "Close In"
http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery/kingarthur.html

another shot that doesn't say much to me......distorted and out of focus.......if there's a point to this one it's lost on me.......

Jimmy Harris: "Tex-ASS"
http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery/jharris.html

what a fun picture.......you don't suppose that good old boy is objectifying that girl's er, for lack of a better word, *object*, do you????......and man, they really need to get somebody in there to clean up the litter.........

Thanks to all who contributed. A Zen philosopher once wrote *The meaning of life is to see*. A special thanks to Andy and his staff who bring us the gift of seeing every week.