Re: (Re)Introduction!

Gregory david Stempel <fyrframe@centurytel.net> writes:
> Ahhhh. Brings back memories of my school days sitting with the instructor at
> night talking about all of this. Thanks Brian, I appreciate your response.
> If memory serves me correctly, wasn't there a third system for a brief time?

There still is - SECAM, which stands for something in French, but every
book I have says something slightly different. Basically "Sequential
memory", meaning that alternate lines only have one colour parameter
(remember you need two to add to the B-W luminance signal to make 3D
colour); the memory holds the other colour values from the scan line
above. Obviously this is so trivial now, that any cubicle drone could do
it, but it was quite a feat in the 1960s.

Oh yeah, I collected a few SECAM spellings here:
http://imaginatorium.org/books/photech.htm#imagdict

Brian Chandler
geo://Sano.Japan.Planet_3
Jigsaw puzzles from Japan at: