Nagging Gallery ReEview

Jeff Spirer - Warning Signs at Mitla
Well, Jeff you get 1st place in this week’s gallery.
I particularly liked the clouds forming a kinda “ceiling” to stand on the columns…
And the colors are tops

Morley Roberts - Female
Great shot, though not an original one. I like the expression, the way hair drop from one side, but I would like lighter skin tones…Is there purplish eye paint there?

Roger Eichhorn - Hills in Late Afternoon
Hmm…colors are so dull, the image looks fake to me….infact it remind me of a green and brown blanket I had..it appears to be so, just a hump resting on a bluish wall
At least that was my first impression…

Pablo Coronel - End of the road
Hey hey, my kind of photography! But all the frame is to loaded! Let them breathe!

Per Ofverbeck - Copenhagen, October
Had there was a lighter fore and background the blocky , dark, monolithic arrearance of the building would be better projected. And the B&W street lines do look annoying and distracting to me….

Rob Miracle - Glove Save
Hey Rob, you said you cropped it?
Had it be me I would either crop it far more towards the glove, or I would add some more pixels at the bottom of the frame. The knee protectors (armor ? ) have their lines interrupted. Howe about cropping bellow the crossed sticks, and at the right edge of the back number….that will also keep the aspect ratio you have already chosen

Hey It seems I am nagging pretty much
And here I go on with the second row…..

David Small - Art in strange places
That seems that would benefit from a bit less exposure on the canvasses, and an explanation of what are those swirling shapes on the building’s walls

Doug Seibert - Oh Columbia
Kinda perplexed with this shot….i would opt for a lot different angle, the way the black wing bottom takes place of the frame, distorts the shuttles shape. My first impression was that it was a shuttle simulator, just like the aircraft ones…
And what is that magenta hue on the top, middle of the frame?

Peeter Vissak - Nature slightly mort
Kinda white and kinda black….wouldn’t it benefit from some more contrast?
Otherwise it is a strong diagonal that starts from something and ends to something else…like saying, from dust (sprang from earth) to dust (clay pot)…

Emily L. Ferguson - Mattapoisett harbor ice
Hmm, you have gotten the color and the mood alright, but I would expect a lot more ice showing….otherwise it si pointleass to talk about it

Emily L. Ferguson - Mattapoisett harbor ice
The sculpture was in front of our local Barnes and Noble store. Not only did I >wonder how long it took someone to build this, I wondered what their message was >supposed to be,
Don’t buy from us!
or if, indeed, they did feel it was art
Yes it is art, but it is junk art….not made from junk, but a junk by itself…
(I've seen a lot worse)
oh my!

Dan Mitchell - West Walton
Hmm, why a magenta hue opn the snow? And all this molten muddy snow….
I wouldn’t like to be there , we had enough here to go.

so... no matter what, CHEER UP MY FRIENDS! Life is too precious to jump the other side of the fence...
kostas papakotas / clenched teeth photography
http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteethphotography/home.html
'COS SOMETIMES IT IS BETTER WITH CLENCHED TEETH!