Re: Nagging Gallery ReEview

--- kostas papakotas <kostaspapakotas@hotmail.com>
wrote:
" Doug Seibert - Oh Columbia.... Kinda perplexed with
this shot….i would opt for a lot different angle, the
> way the black wing bottom takes place of the frame,
> distorts the shuttles shape. My first impression was
that it was a shuttle simulator, just like the
aircraft ones…"

http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery/seibert.html

Thanks Kostas for viewing the image and sharing your
views.......I shot additional "normal" views from the
Front....but the scaffolding blocked the nose and the
smooth/aircraft look........I deliberately sought out
the dark wing angle to frame the image and lead the
viewer toward it's name...........

Of course it doesn't "distort the shape".........It
illustrates the broad bottom of the spacecraft, the
combination of materials, the multitude of individual
white and black heat tiles, the separate carbon-carbon
leading edge...............

" .....And what is that magenta hue on the top, middle
of the frame?"........

SORRY Kostas.......Just the (color) scan......from a
B&W print.......without any gray scale/contrast
"corrections"........Doug