Re: Video Card

Bruce wries:
> I am looking for a recommendation on a video card for a PC. Any special
> considerations to consider?
> Thanks for your help!

this is for photoshop work I presume.

Matrox.  Specifically any of  the G400/450/500/550 with 16-32Mb of ram, they
are 2D cards and work best for imaging.  Forget the 3D cards with bucket
loads of ram, they do nothing for you other than increase the potential for
a headache due to overall fuzziness, fine they are great for gamers who want
and need advanced and fast 3D rendering but not so good for 2D.  If you're
building a machine with both gaming and serious PS work in mind I'd suggest
you'd be better off building two seperate machines optimised for each
irrespective of what shrill claims you'll hear from manufacturers,
although.. .the Matrox Parhelia cards are a bit of a compromise between 2D
and 3D, but the price tag is enormous

I'd also recommend going for the dual monitor output and spend a few extra $
to buy yourself a second monitor :-)

that help any?

karl