Re: Thoughts on the PF members' exhibits 03-01-03

--- rand flory <ferret@wyoming.com> wrote:
> Here are my thoughts about the PhotoForum member's
> gallery now on display at
> http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html:

Doug Seibert - Oh Columbia
http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery/seibert.html

This was a technically difficult, but very well
executed shot. Again, however, the text works against
image, at least for me. Seibert states, “The
shear size is overwhelming.” That is not evident in
the photo. There are people in the background, but not
next to the Columbia herself, and so I cannot
appreciate one of the primary items that Seibert felt
when he saw the shuttle...................
Still, I appreciate being able to view this scene.

Thanks Rand for the review...........and noting it's
shortcomings..........The wider views included people
in the foreground for scale.......but unfortunately
they were BLURRY as they moved thru the
scene/time......

Doug