Re: poodles among photographers

Stephen Ylvisaker <greyfell@gns2000.com> wrote/replied to:

>It's interesting. Lea has toy poodles, black & white photos of which she
>shared with the list some months back. Jim has a standard poodle, with his
>own web page. And I have a standard poodle and a Bichon Frise, but they
>don't have a webpage, although I had meant to keep one.
>Jim, is Lambert with you in Japan? Did you get him in Japan, or bring him
>over? Does he go with you on some of your photo excursions?
>
>Ernst's dog is almost certainly a Bichon. But they have been mistaken for
>poodles before. My Bichon was mistaken for a poodle by the local poodle
>rescue group. Go figure!
>
>Stephen

Ya he's here with me in Japan. Flew him over with me, he had to go
into 2 weeks quarantine, a bummer but what can you do.

He goes with me every morning to the park and I 'try' and take photos.
This morning there was heavy fog with the sun burning through and he
scared away a Heron and a Giant Egret :-)

Not a good combo, bird shooting and a dog, but he is very good about
it. If I let the rollup leash hang he just lays down and waits for me
to finish my shoot. Unfortunately, birds sense a predator, heh heh. So
often I go back alone after he gets his run.

Sometimes I curse having a dog, but he is good company and I love him.

Japan Jim

PS: I got some great shots this morning in spite of missing the Heron.
I got a couple Cormorants on posts in the water with fog and sun
coming through, might be nice...