Re: new TX

Doug Seibert wrote:

> .........RIP........Ektapan.......Ektalure and most other fiber
> papers..........
>
> But I still remain loyal.......Most all the boxes in my darkroom are
> Yellow...........

The choices may be becoming fewer, but Kodak still produces most of the
best stuff available for normal work.  John Sexton informed recipients
of his online newsletter that Agfa just announced that it has
discontinued its warm tone fiber-based graded paper, Record Rapid as of
the end of 2002 because demand had dropped below the point of
profitability.  Supplies of this may remain available through B&H until
their stocks run out.  Watch for specials.

We are now left with just two choices for a bright white based warmtoned
FB paper, both of which are VC: Forte Polywarmtone Plus and Illford
Multigrade warm tone.  Since I don't care much for Ilford that leaves me
with one choice.

Buy what  you intend to use lest it be discontinued.

Peace!
Sidney

--
God said, Let there be light!
Divine Light: Photography by Rev. Sidney Flack