Re: new TX

Alan Zinn wrote:

> Guys,
>
> Does anyone have processing experience with the new TX film?  Word is that it
> is made at a new factory and that the changes are due to thinner emulsion
> coating characteristics of the new equipment. The development times are short
> in HC110 and may result in uneven development.

Alan,

Kodak consolidated and moved their B&W film manufacturing to a single, new and
"better" location.  So, everything has changed.  The independent reports I've
gotten is that the film is better at worst with nominal changes in speed and
development times.  You may find a 1/3 stop increase in speed and 15 - 30
second reduction in processing time.

One report just published in Photo Techniques indicates that the new film (TMX)
has a slight increase in grain and that TMY has a little more pronounced
increase in grain.  The change in TMX is supposed to indiscernible to the eye
while the change in TMY may be noticeable.

Once again we experience the demands of the market place.  This reinforces the
advice that we buy (i.e., support) only those products we intend to use.  It's
the most powerful means we have to let the manufacturers know what we want them
to make.

Peace!
Sidney

--
God said, Let there be light!
Divine Light: Photography by Rev. Sidney Flack