Gallery Comments for 8/2/03

Hi all,
          Thanks for the comments on my previous photo Haunted? - I did try cropping it and at first didn't like it - leaving it in my screen saver for awhile I did come to prefer the cropped version - slow learner I guess.
          Will try a few comments on your photos, it is difficult in the presence of such high caliber artists though.

Harvested - Fraser:  Interesting angles, textures, and chains.  the S hook seems to be the center of interest for me.  The wheel - what kind is it? why is it shiny? ice, paint?  Maybe too much white making it difficult to look at.

Mitchell:  Not wasteing much money here.  Is there actually a building behind that wall?  Curious.  Leaves questions, must be good.

Paleweski:  Cool, want to know the story.  Checked out your fabulous web site.

Small:  Interesting person - looks as though she might know of which she protests.  Not clear she is a protestor.

Earnest:  Waiting for the Fire.  Interesting colour and composition - the audio cables lead out and complete a pyramid.

Shipman:  Curious - he looks quaint?  Background and light on beak are attractive - a juvenile?

Harris: Scooby Bear.

Morat Expo02:  Love this Cube, neat spuds on scow.

Ramos:  How does this work - nice perspective and colour - level horizon?  Maybe more oblique angle so not so central - It has a mate?

Dalrumple:  Attractive delicate image.  Nice tones.  Small vertical line 1/3 left bothers me a bit.

Spirer:  Nice textures and lines - I would like to crop out the sky.  Bird silhouettes make it and are a bit weak in the right hand column.

Hall:  Can't see it right now but think it neees cropping and the branches should be sharper.

       Thanks to all for showing their work and to those making the venue possible and hopefully for tolerating my comments.   Morley