Re: Bizarre Correspondence

> Bizarre? A remarkably polite correspondence that in other hands
might
> have degenerated into threat and abuse and with a very satisfying
> conclusion.
Yes, and amateurish too.
Compare any similar attempts to reason with MicroSoft.;o)

> Now, what is the copyright protection for the archivist? - I find
the
> explanation here most unconvincing.

The use of "Charitable Institution" too is worrying.  The very word
"Institution".

OK, you start off with a small core of enthusiastic volunteers.
Before you know it, fund raisers are needed to pay the rent and
utilities.
Then you have to pay the fund raisers.
You need a paid executive, a bunch of accountants and lawyers.
The bureaucracy grows to the extent where the bulk of the fundraising
is to feed the machine.

Before you know where you are the machine turns on enthusiastic
volunteers.  The naïf amateurish approach of enthusiasts runs counter
to the demands of the institution.

Did I mention the RPS ...