Re: Gallery Review, 2/8/03

Hi all,

A big thank to the reviewers of this week. This picture needed some tone
correction to bring back the clouds in the sky and I've not sent in the
right version.. So it looks a little muddy in the gallery, which may
disadvantage it in comparison to the previous shot of the same place.

Le 9.2.2003 4:56, « DSmall9917@aol.com » <DSmall9917@aol.com> a écrit :

> Christiane Roh.....I can't make up my mind whether I prefer this or last
> weeks entry. Same place entirely different mood. The scan is a little muddy
> but it enhances the mood. What is that lovely clock doing in the water.
> Reminds me of a Salvadore Dali.

I'm in the same situation :-)   The whole place was part of an exhibition
and the theme of this "arteplage" was "Instant and Eternity"  Hence the
clock, I guess. That clock, whose simple graphic design is characteristic,
is absolutely identical to the clocks hanging in all the railways stations.

Le 12.2.2003 16:00, « Marilyn's Mail » <marilyn@rglobal.net> a écrit :

> Christiane Roh
> Morat, Expo02, July 2002:  Fascinating; cold, stark.   The yellow and blue
> really works in this photo.   The clock seems to be floating, unattached to
> anything.  This is a photograph that seems to contain many hidden meanings
> and messages and it will take some thought on my part.  That makes for a
> successful photograph in my book.

It was standing on a pillar, in the middle of the lake, quite far away from
the monolith. Both the point of view and a little tele makes it look a if it
was on or much nearer of the monolith; plus its supporting pillar was of the
same rusty color as the monolith itself.

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Christiane

--
Christiane