Re: PS born out of Star Wars?

Le 11.2.2003 10:38, « kostas papakotas » <kostaspapakotas@hotmail.com> a
écrit :

> is it true that photoShop was made based on the Star Wars special effects
> routines?

Hi Kostas,

I don't know whether it was used for Star Wars, but it wasn't conceived in
the sixties, it was created at the end of the eighties; here is what I've
found :

> In February 1990, Adobe revolutionised the photography and graphics design
> industry with the initial release of Adobe PhotoShop. Until this time most
> graphics were done in photo darkrooms and on huge drafting desks. This skill
> was limited to a few highly trained professionals.
>
> With it¹s initial release Adobe found a winner and is today reflected on as
> one of the ³Killer Apps² by most PC magazines.
>
> The history of PhotoShop begins in 1987 when Thomas Knoll a computer
> programmer and his brother John Knoll a graphics artist at Industrial Light
> and Magic, began writing graphics subroutines to handle image effects on a Mac
> plus.
>

> In 1989 the brothers combined these subroutines into a program called
> ³ImagePro² and signed a deal with BarneyScan to bundle their program with
> BarneyScan¹s slide scanner. Also in 1989, Adobe signed a deal with the Knoll
> brothers to license what became known as PhotoShop.
>

> Finally in 1990, PhotoShop version 1.0 is released in February of that year.
> As the years went on the program continued to improve and get better,
> providing key features that users found useful.
>
> Recently with the emergence of the web, Adobe has added features to PhotoShop
> that make it the premier image-editing suite.

(This is a quote from :
http://216.239.37.100/search?q=cache:rM_O9Qg2RcsC:janus.northatlantic.nf.ca/
~cc960267/worktermrpt.doc+%22history+of+photoshop%22+%2Bbegin&hl=en&ie=UTF-8
)

--
Christiane