Re: Shuttle images - what do _you_ see??

It is my personal opinion and echoed on another forum that this image is
greatly reduced in detail from the original. There may have been a better
image taken actually than this example. At only 35 miles, it seems the Air
Force could get a better pic than this one.

Remember also, CCDs are linear in the collection of photons and that kind of
data can be plucked from the original file after download and would not be
apparent in the pixels on your computer screen.

Consider the density of a cold tile, the change in density as the tile heats
up and the density of that same tile running at a normal heated temperature
expected during re-entry. If I tile is not there, those numbers would not be
found where expected or in comparison to the right wing.

This all differs from a film image of the same resolution.

Take care,
Gregory david Stempel
FIREFRAMEi m a g i n g