Re: photography+gallery+low+quality

At 01:16 PM 01/30/2003 -0500, you wrote:

In a message dated 1/30/03 11:41:49, chandler@yomogi.or.jp writes, among
other things:

<< I found the navigation a bit hard to follow. >>

Yes, the navigation could use a litle work.  I'm on the learn-as-you-go
method of web design.  Sorry you're forced to view on a small monitor, but it
looks ok to me on my 14" iBook.  How does the use of frames keep text out of
search engines?  I ask, though I would rather have people entering the site
through the front door.

<< Oh, and pleeease: the bit about "electronic downloading". The so-called
normal process of viewing a website with a browser consists
***PRECISELY*** of electronic downloading. >>

Which is ***PRECISELY*** why I put in this phrase: "except in the normal
course of online viewing."  I'm not too worried about teletypes or people
saving copies on their computer for future reference.  I just want people to
be aware that I value my work and they are not free to use it in violation of
my copyright.

I don't have a "no-right-click" script on my site, and I'm one of the
technique's major detractors.

Cheers,

Rich Mason
Photographer-at-Large
<A HREF="" href="" eudora="autourl">http://richmason.com</A>
See the new section: Rich on the Road

I hate no-right-clicks as well.  I have this on my website:

Copyright Statement: This site and the content provided in this site is the property of David Thompson and may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed without written permission from David Thompson, except that you may view and display the materials presented on this site for your own use. Unauthorized use of this site and/or the materials contained on this site may violate applicable copyright, laws or other laws.

That sums it up best.

Dave