Gallery Review: Addendum!

Don't ask me how I managed to to it, but two reviews escaped the copy & paste routine, and here they are:

Christiane Roh, Morat, July 2002. An arresting mix of the familiar and the enigmatic. The summer haze renders the background in soft pastels, enhancing a feel of space and distance. The rusty cube in the water is a bit too boxy to be compared to the Monolith in Kubrick's 2001, A Space Oddesy, and has absolutely no relation to anything else in the scene. The man, absorbed by something in his hand, perhaps a cell phone, is aware of nothing at all unusual nearby. This image carries no discernable metaphorical or allegorical meaning, but nevertheless succeeds because of its compelling ambiguity. Bravissimo!

Jeff Spirer, Door to Perceptions. I'm partial to open doors, entrances, as symbols of major life changes. Empty rooms signify the passing of time, of lingering memories. Haunting image.

John Palcewski
Isola d' Ischia, Italia

Vittoria's Island, an imagenovel:
www.palcewski.com/VI