Re: need HTML guru for small help

"Robert G. Earnest" <robert@earnestphoto.com> writes:

> That was the reasoning behind my uneducated guess that if I piled all
> the text I wanted the search engines to find into a single pixel it
> would virtually invisible on the screen.
>
> How do I say BEST DAMNED PHOTOGRAPHER IN THE WORLD to the search engines
> without it being seen by people visiting?
> Meta tags?

You can't, or it doesn't work, or something. You write stuff about
things relating to your photography. If you write up a product shoot,
that's exactly the sort of thing that people will find on searches more
or less related; they will take a quick look, bookmark, go away, then
someone on a mailing list will ask about something, and they'll say,
"Hmm, saw a good site on that the other day". Here comes the Weak Link -
their brain - can they remember how they bookmarked it.

Anyway, it's precisely abuse of metatags (How can I show my visitors a
dissertation on stellated icosahedra, while showing the search engines
sex, tits, bums, and mp3, or more likely the other way round) that
causes people like google to decide to ignore them.

Brian Chandler
geo://Sano.Japan.Planet_3
Jigsaw puzzles from Japan at:
http://imaginatorium.org/shop/