RE: PF member's exhibits on Jan 11, 2003

In view of comments about my question, America seems a very healthy climate
to do photography.

Photography is getting muddy over here.  I've been taking photos of
buildings for English Heritage and someone has made an issue of it.  Street
photography is legal here but we are regarded with much suspicion and it is
not good to be seen snapping in the street.

Studios have to be licensed with a special one where glamour or artistic
nude photography is to be carried out.

Telephoto lenses are illegal and photography has to be carried out in a
public place or on your own property (unless you are given the owners
permission),  I needed permission to photograph non cultivated plants and
wild animals on National Trust land, even so my attempts to snap bugs on
leaves with close-up attachments was regarded with suspicion and my camera
bag was mistaken for a gun holster and I had to bear an armed police
challenge and search.

I dare not snap other people's children or have a child in any street photo
for fear of being arrested as a paedophile.

A few of men and women I drew at the life drawing class told me that they
had been accused of a minor offence and said they were innocent.  That is
why they were doing community service.  We were also given some instruction
on hypnotism relating to this particular model.  I found it unpleasant and
stressful.  One lady confessed to us and was then put in a different
category.   I understand that hypnotism is being taught in schools here.

I do not understand hypnotism and I do not know how to do it.  However in
colleges it is used on many subjects for student's models taken from the
students.  Professional glamour models are too expensive for the colleges.

However it is taught by demonstration and word of mouth, no record nor any
written account is made. No one has been successfully sued as a result.

The subjects are selected by taking people unwilling to take part.

Officially there is no hypnosis.

Chris
mailto:nimbo@ukonline.co.uk
http://www.chrissdomain.com