Re: Web Business was Re: new member!

Forehaven <forehaven@attbi.com> writes:

> As someone who's never actually had a photography site, I'm curious, how
> much actual traffic and business is generated in online photography?  Is
> there alot of interest...assuming of course quality work?

I don't know, exactly. The point about the irritating popups etc etc is
that the cost of doing it properly is about the cost of a cheap roll of
film per month.

I suspect that there are many photography sites out there full of
excellent work that get very few visitors, simply because there's no
mechanism for people to find the site other than word of mouth,
basically. Search engines can't find good photos! They find words,
though, like nobody's business - just go to google.com and type in "bulldog sauce
typography" to see my picture of a sauce bottle, that has probably
received more views than many a superior shot, just because it's
surrounded by words.

Brian Chandler
geo://Sano.Japan.Planet_3
Jigsaw puzzles from Japan at: