From: owner-photoforum@listserver.isc.rit.edu
[mailto:owner-photoforum@listserver.isc.rit.edu]On Behalf Of Brian
Chandler
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2003 10:00 AM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Re: new member!

shyrell_lynn@juno.com writes:

> No prob...
>
> http://shyrelllynn.tripod.com/

Hmm, skipping the irritating ads, popunders, popup, popsidewayses, and
so on (*) I like your grey background and layout. Unfortunately, in the
"Flowers" page you've pasted together a number of images of enormous
size (about 2200 x 1500 pixels) which take ages to load on a slow
connection, and then have to be resized to fit in the little frame (thus
throwing away 90% of the information downloaded). You need to resize
them in whatever image processing software you use.

(*) Surely a charge of $0.10 by me for disposing of the advertising junk
would be extremely reasonable. You can get proper website hosting from
$5 a month (I recommend pair.com) - that means that unless you think
$0.10 is unreasonable, you do not expect to see more than 50 visitors a
month. I think your photography is worth more than that.

Brian Chandler
geo://Sano.Japan.Planet_3
Jigsaw puzzles from Japan at:
http://imaginatorium.org/shop/