Re: National Geographic & Disclosure

>   "Our policy: Altering the content of photos in National Geographic
is unacceptable. >
>    In my opinion, this is as it should be. I also see nothing wrong
with several publishers with like ideas forming an association and
their own standards -- for themselves.. Note that  NG will (and in
this issue does) use digital manipulation for editorial illustration,
but they clearly state when this is the case.

Luis

And even if they don't ... I'm sure the phrase "content of photos " is
open to interpretation.
"Levels"?   "curves"?   "spotting?    before long the telegraph pole
they cloned out was not "content" but distraction.  The lion was
content but the background - cloned in to replace the zoo  bars - was
background *not* content.

When technology has has advanced to the stage where a lie is no longer
detectable we might as well dispense with the word altogether.

Bob
"If you can't beat them - find someone smaller you can" - GWB