Re:Re: Honest Street Photos - Was Gallery review 12-28

Gregory writes --
<snip>
> and there IS an erosion occurring about the honesty of some types >of work and that quite frankly should be a great disappointment to >photographers.

   How do you know about this erosion ? Are there longitudinal studies going back to the '50s ?

> What do viewers expect? Do they expect the truth?

   I'm willing to bet they expect the same boring crap. They want something else. Truth ? They have plenty of that in their lives, I imagine.

>Journalism = Yes <snipped list of areas in the field "needing" >disclosures"

  Interesting, thank you.

>We HAVE a connection with our audience, how do you propose we >keep their faith?  Or, am I just wrong, no one cares about their >faith? It's not now, nor ever was, about that?

I was under the impression that this was a capitalistic republic. I believe in *you* and the legions who think likewise, putting a little disclosure symbol, maybe a "FK" ( Faith Keeper) on your work, signifying to this hungry-for-truth audience that your work is just that. This is exactly how you keep their faith, *and* mine. Let the market decide instead of dictating to them. Or us.

 --- Luis