Re: Honest Street Photos - Was  Gal lery review 12-28-02

> << This is actually one of the main points that I'd like to make:
the photo
> was in a fluffly impressionistic cultural piece on the theme of
"romance
> in Paris," in which a number of different photos of couples kissing
in
> the streets of Paris were included.
<SNIP>
> So, are you saying the whole piece was a sham?  What of the other
images in
> the spread, were they staged as well?  Perhaps the whole premise of
"romance
> in Paris" was fraudulent.  It may have been a false notion cooked up
by an
> editor

Actually, I wonder that too.
I'd been brought to to believe "Paris was romantic".
I've lost count of the number if times I have heard that phrase
repeated ...

When I've visited Paris I found it to be a city pretty much like any
other in Europe ...
The streets are busy, the buildings dirty, pigeons everywhere ...

If people's perceptions of Paris being romatic stem from articles of
fiction, founded on staged repportage, the prophesy can be
self-fulfilling.

If Paris really was that romantic and free a place ... why resort to
staging the shots, and more particularly framing them to look as if
they had been true decisive moments ...

Bob