The start of honest street photos

Then there is the Man. This man now represents the Lub, but not only this
place, but all such places. You have positioned him in such a way that we
are looking now at the man in universal terms. This is an older man, wearing
cheater glasses, in shorts, with a smirk on his face. Man Who Owns a Lub is
a guy who seems to have no interest in what is in the place itself. His
interest is only in bringing in members to his place. This is the story that
I read into this, and I like it.

You have done well.

peace, Rand.

This is where this all started. It's amazing how a thread can ramble on. I had done a critique on Rands photo and in turn he gave me his opinion of my gallery entry last week "Mens Lub" I took issue with his suggestion that I posed the figure in the doorway. I have no idea who the man is and even if I did I would never rearange the  photo. At least in my concept of street photography, Creating the situation is is just not done. That doesn't mean that Planning your composition,or standing at a specific place and waiting for someone or thing of interest to enter the scene.is not done. Cropping or tonal manipulation is fine with me. Some purists would probably frown on it.
     The beauty of SP is that in urban shooting no two photos are alike. If you see one that is, assume it's setup. I have no quarrel with setups,as long as it's so stated. But it,s not classic SP. If any of you havn't seen my web site (which I should have changed months ago)
  Dave Small
                             http://www.smallstudio46.com/DSHome.htm