Re: Honest Street Photos - Was Gallery review 12-28-02

 > Doisaneaus photo of the the Kiss is no less a classic. but it was
 tarnlshed when it became known that it was set up.
That was because people had been decieved:  I can't look at that shot
now without "fraud" being the first word that comes to mind.
The image is still the same - pixel per pixel - but that is where it
ends ...
As I remember, the only reason that the 'deception' came to light was because someone was trying to sue him for a share of the long term profits of "Baiser a L'Hotel de Ville,' claiming that they were one of the featured couple. The production of the 1950 model releases actually prevented a fraud rather than revealing one.
Is it not still a good photograph for you? Does the knowledge or even the procedure change anything? Did he ever claim that it was not a set-up? (I believe that he was carefully vague when asked). Personally, in terms of content, I find the reaction of the people in the street around the kiss to be more interesting.
AndrewF