Re:Re: :Re: The Gift

  Robert wrote --

>Ok, Not receiving publicity does not preclude the notion that it may >have been the initial inspiration for the project. Or at least a small >part of it.

   In the absence of proof, such an assertion is like pogoing in the thinnest of ice.

>If he is doing it again this year? Than one might assume that publicity >is not the driving force for his actions.

  It is year #2.

> >was there an exhibit of the portraits.

>There was? Or was not?

  Not.

>In the end I believe it was the announcement that Mr. Valdes' >offerings had a retail value of $2300.00 a pop that set me off. It >struck me as vulgar.

    Then I was the vulgarian.

>It is clear that Mr. Valdes is a friend or acquaintence of yours Luis >and that you sincerely feel that his efforts are noble in intent. I >apologize for taking offense.

   I know who he is, have been at the same events as he. That is all.
APology accepted, now can we put this to rest ? You have made me regret bringing it to this list.

   --- Luis