Re: Well, all photgraphers are perves after all, right?

> this is getting rather political now, but so be it! You are of course right,
> but then, what COULD they do effectively?

This was not meant as a political post: just a factual link to the way things are moving.
The attitude to photographers - well ...

An acquintance of mine was taking shots in a public place.
He wanted to take some shots which would have included someone's children in the foreground so, to avoid suspicion of his motives, asked thier parents if it was OK.  The response was along the lines of a threatening "F*ck off you pervert".

> Quite possibly, many people just do not want to admit that they are helpless
> against crime and actually WANT to be fooled by the politicians.
There may be some truth in the statement that the sum total of the fear of crime can harm a population more than the crime itself.

Photographers are just an easy target; bans like this are the thin end of the wedge.  More and more places here will challenge anyone setting up a tripod. It's couched under security but the truth is nothing like it.  But the link between photography and perves ... well, turn to the back pages of most mainstream photo mags and see where the small-ad advertisers think thier market lies  ;o(

I'm wondering how Rob would cope at his college hockey games if he had to get releases from every single parent/guardian before photographing a match *in advance*.  If anyone objected what would we have, selective player's faces "airbrushed" out?

Bob

Freeserve AnyTime, only £13.99 per month with one month's FREE trial!
For more information visit http://www.freeserve.com/time/ or call free on 0800 970 8890