Re:Re: d100 weddings

>    After wading through innumerable messages on this arduous thread,
I go back to the original and conclude that Jody is simply unprepared
to do this wedding.
Remember that "I'm gonna do a wedding this weekend, how do I start?"
thread a year or so back. ;o)

<<If you go digital, capital outlay for enough card memory to do the
job(s) is simply required. >>
Yup.
If you can afford the camera(s) and associated hardware / software you
have to afford the storage / batteries.  The decision not to store
high res images surely *must* be made only when the format of the end
product (web only) makes high res overkill.  Not because you only have
a single 250Mb card to store an assignments worth of shots ;o)

<<It's tres cool to save money by not spending it on film, >>
indeed ... it's cool to save money, but even easier to lose track of
where you are actually spending it.

<<but foolish to go to someone's wedding unprepared.
I also wonder, what if Jody experiences a breakdown with that D100 ?
Will she have a spare body>>
Electronics are so reliable these days, what possibly could go wrong?
;o)

<<fully capable of doing the job ? I doubt it. Printing the couple's
pics on a lower-end Epson ? >>
It's that old "what is it you do that sets you above what your
customers can do for themselves?"
A lot of it is the *eye*.  Trouble is while you know that,
"camcorder-man" just sees your hardware.

<<This is the other side of how photography gets devalued, to use a
term bandied about here regularly.>>
"Photography" here you mean the profession of photography (?).  Well
yes, for sure.

<< Is Jody doing this wedding for free for friends who have no money ?
Or is this a regular paying job ? Because if she is charging
competitive, professsional prices, she is surely not delivering
competitive, professional-caliber services/risk levels. >>
IME it does not matter whether you are charging or doing a favour,
your reputation preceeds you.  Basic spares are a must - a fall back
plan.  Two (or more) bodies is almost de rigeur for film with the
second body being pretty much as good as the first.

<<Just my opinion>>
Not an objective assessment then <<VBG>>.