Re: d100 weddings (now digital versus SLR)

List:
You have all been comparing the quality versus cost of film and digital, but
nobody has mentioned the advantage to a non-professional like myself. I have
recently purchased a D-100 and find that the learning process is all aspects
of photography has increased tremendously. I can now see exactly what I have
just done at the touch of a button, rather that bracketing my way through many
rolls of film, taking notes, waiting for processing and then reviewing my
notes. As far as expense is concerned, the jury is still out, but for
convenience, no comparison. Just my opinion. Now I can take a fine piece of
jewelry from inventory, digitally photograph it, download it and email it to a
potential customer in a matter of minutes. Can't beat that with film.
Michael Krebs
Jeweler and amateur photographer.