Speaking of digital SLRs

Hi all,

Speaking of digital SLRs, Nikon has made an interesting move designing a new
lens for his digital bodies and smaller sensor format : this lens offers a
smaller coverage, adapted to the size of the sensor and lighter..

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0212/02121201nikondxlenses.asp

They announce the development of a new line of lenses aimed at their digital
bodies, which are all using the same format of sensor.

Canon has just made the opposite move, designing the first full frame sensor
for the 1Ds; I'm not sure whether the first one are really available by now,
but I believe they are (?). Kodak has announced to postpone the first
deliveries of its new full frame sensor body to next January instead of
December.

I own a D60 which despite of the AF problems is a very nice camera and I
hope Canon will make the same move offering smaller and lighter lenses for
its small sensor digital SLRs, because I prefer light gear...