Re: jpeg

Lawrence Smith <lsmith@lwsphoto.com> writes:
> Well actually saving as jpg as tif would happen after she _copies_ the file
> to the computer.  She said she can't afford a bigger CF card.  She did not
> say she didn't have hard drive space to accommodate the larger files.

Even if she doesn't have enough hard disk space, it's still possible not
to lose anything, as long as you do not delete the original jpeg file.
If you use image software with a scripting or macro capability, you can
fiddle around with the image loaded into memory as much as you like,
save a record of the changes, then tomorrow you open the original file,
apply the changes again, and carry on tweaking with no cumulative loss,
just as long as you don't overwrite the original file.

It's extremely difficult to work out quite what level one should try to
offer help at: I apologise if I missed in this particular case.

Brian Chandler
geo://Sano.Japan.Planet_3
Jigsaw puzzles from Japan at:
http://imaginatorium.org/shop/