Re: jpeg

> Sorry to jump in, without reading the whole thread properly:
>
> colette <cmm@wi.rr.com> writes:
>
> > EEKS!  Sorry, I have to jump in here, Rand.  Your advice to Jody re:
JPEG is
> > on the mark in order to save space on her cards....HOWEVER, never, and I
> > mean NEVER shoot a wedding or anything professional as a JPEG.
Everytime
> > you open a JPEG document you compromise the image, thus lose more and
more
> > each time you open it, manipulate it, close it, print it, etc.
>
> ...but this is nonsense. Every time you **save** an image (whatever
> format it came from) in jpeg format, there is a loss. But if you take an
> image in jpeg from somewhere, and don't want to lose any more

Well DUH!!!!  No sh*t, Sherlock!  I ASSUMED that if one opend the document,
one would SAVE the changes made to the document.  Sorry!  I forgot we have
4th grade level experts such as yourself on PF.

> information, you simply save it in a lossless format (tiff probably
> best, IIRC, but any lossless format, including png, or PaintShopPro's
> proprietary format, etc etc).

Maybe you should read the ENTIRE post, Chandler.  She CANNOT AFFORD to save
images as Tiffs or any other way.

> What is a *bad* idea is to open a jpeg, *save* it, open again, *save*
> again, [over and over again]. Though of course it also depends on the
> jpeg setting, which it helps to understand.

Excuse me for not saying "SAVE" after each OPEN I mentioned.  It was
ASS-U-MED.....and in your case, Chandler, this happens between us more often
than not!

Sad such an intelligent man is such an arrogant prick!

Happy Holidays!
Colette