Re: what makes memorable art

:
> Now focus on the word memorable, instead of art.  Does the
definition of art
> become irrelevant?
If we focus on memorable and throw away the word art (elitist crap
anyway) then what makes a memorable photo?

Thinking back beyond the last few weeks in the PF gallery there are
certain images that have left an impression.  It does not mean they
were necessarily the "best" but maybe they hit a chord at the right
time, answered a question I didn't know existed at the time, threw
open whole new thoughts ...

I could start to list some ...
Bobert's (?) man in cell
Jeff's umbrella
Colette's boy (hand coloured print)
John Palcewski's "Mother's Dream"
Dave Buyens - Night Liftoff
Dave D-B's bonfire ...
Chandler's "Smiley in the woodpile" - still don't like it but still
remember it.
Bob Rosen's Chicken Little ... well, that was memorable because it was
better than ....

More will come back no doubt

Thinking back there must be a lot of images I've liked at the time but
forgotten ...

Bob