Re: Gallery Impressions

In a message dated 12/9/02 11:56:54 AM Eastern Standard Time, Gregory.Fraser@pwgsc.gc.ca writes:

David Small (N.Y.C. 2002) - I wonder if its possible to take a dull street shot in NYC? I also wonder if the 'ST." in "St. Mark's Deli" stands for saint? Are saints allowed to open a deli? I like the combination of the statue and the man and the busy background with all the signs and details equally sharp. I can hear the noise and smell the steam rising from the grates in the sidewalk. I also really like the way the sidewalk falls off behind the woman as if there is no going back for her. She's there on the street preaching to the masses while her assistant waits

Wow you have a vivid imagination. ST does stand for saint The photo was taken on St Marks place. Thanks for your incitefull review.
Dave