My Photo Web Site

Dear List members,

I have had a web site up with many images for viewing some downloadable with
a fee for opening.

I've had thousands of visitors (not metered but visible on the log) but no
sales.

I've now introduced a small charge to enter the galleries, one of $5 the
other $10.  I now think the number of visits will rapidly decline but I
might convert visitors into dollars.

This is not common on the web but real galleries sometimes charge and others
not.  I know that for myself I may not enter a fee charging gallery but
their is a credit card processing charge so in effect a minimum profit
making fee (about $5).  So it would be foolish to charge less.  I would make
a loss or only a small profit.

How do other photoforum members feel about an gallery entrance fee for their
own gallery on the web.

I've not tried it before....

Chris
mailto:nimbo@ukonline.co.uk