Re: Digital getting better?

David Thompson <dave@dtphoto.com> writes:

> Current digital is harder to make a few snapshots.  For newspapers &
> magazines, tho - this new digital technology saves time, which in that
> business, saves money.
>
> For the average enthusiast who needs snapshots to share - yes - stick
> with film.

I know an awful lot of people who rarely or never did snapshots
before, who are doing them now on digital.  It seems to be getting a
lot of new people into photography.

It's much easier to store, organize, and share the photos in digital
form -- at sites like fotki.com and many, many, competitors.  And I
get to see a lot more people's snapshots than I used to when people
had to haul prints around.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b@dd-b.net  /  http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/
 John Dyer-Bennet 1915-2002 Memorial Site http://john.dyer-bennet.net